In Wrapped Up In Christmas Hope, Andrew’s grandmother and her friends take over catering a wedding rehearsal dinner. They bring various delicious entrees to Andrew’s house for a taste-testing…and they grill him about his attraction to Morgan, the single mom who’s new in town! Avoiding their questions, Andrew chooses this succulent chicken dish as the winner…and anyone you serve it to will be just as impressed.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ? cup butter
- ? cup olive oil
- ? cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 lemon, sliced very thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ? cup parsley, finely chopped
1. Place chicken breasts on cutting board and slice in half horizontally, forming 8 thin filets.
2. Place each chicken filet between two pieces of plastic wrap and pound until ?inch thin.
3. Combine flour and salt in shallow container. Dredge pounded chicken in seasoned flour; shake off excess flour.
4. Heat butter and oil in large skillet. Working in several small batches, sauté chicken for 5 minutes over medium heat, turning once.
5. Add white wine and chicken broth. Simmer until the liquid is reduced by half.
6. Add lemon pieces and capers.
7. Season to taste; garnish with parsley.